I'VE DONE IT... AUGUST

It's a little later than normal but I was overseas for the start of spring, sweltering in the always above 30C temperatures of Malaysia....

It's a little later than normal but I was overseas for the start of spring, sweltering in the always above 30C temperatures of Malaysia. It's been a hectic month with assignments, exams and travel and I can't see things slowing down any time soon.

katiecrackernuts.blogspot.com.au || beaded peranakan shoes at Malaysia Textile Museum

It was great to take a week out. I turned off the phone, logging on to WiFi only to load holiday snaps to Instagram. No work or study emails and no news. Hasn't the news this past month just been awful? The marriage equality postal vote, rising tension re North Korea, Yemen, Syria, Bangladesh, hurricanes across the US... oh, too, too much. Instead I unplugged and checked out of my normal life for a week.

It's all here when you come home though. I've downloaded my new textbooks and started this week's coursework. It'll be exams and then Christmas before I know it.

IN AUGUST:

I WENT TO... Malaysia. Have you been? What would you like to know? I was in Kuala Lumpur, the Cameron Highlands and Penang.

I ATE... Nasi lemak, curries, hokkien mee, Malaysian sweets (lots of cendol), dim sum, fried bananas, papaya, pineapple, rambutan and duku: all of it delicious.

I OP SHOPPED... A great stash of 12ply Cleckheaton wool. Even though I am trying to knit my way out of stashed yarns, this was too good to leave.

I MADE... Sheesh. There was no time for making, I was head down, bum up in study notes for most of the month. It was worth the sacrifice; I scored Ds in both subjects.

I READ... Thanks for all the airport lounge reading suggestions. I'll be trawling through your suggestions for the rest of the year. I borrowed Anne Enright's The Gathering from one of my dearest friends with whom I share a similar taste in books and magazines. The writing is beautiful and I am still thinking about the characters: the mark of a good book, I think.

You Might Also Like

0 comments