WINTER 2016 || PINNING THINGS CHASING THE LIGHT

WE are less that a week away from the shortest day and to spinning back toward summer. I can barely believe it, we just haven't had enou...

WE are less that a week away from the shortest day and to spinning back toward summer. I can barely believe it, we just haven't had enough cold weather. There's been a week of using heating at home, if that, and I've had to fill a hot water bottle on only a handful of nights. Spring will be upon us before we know it.

In the meantime, I'll rug up when I need to and enjoy the mostly sunny, blue-sky winter days to chase the light.

THINGS TO MAKE AND DO: I need socks bad. Like undies and bras, all my regular socks have become threadbare all at once. I do like a cozy sock and won't say no to a pretty pair. Of course, I'll only be devoting time to embroidering them once I've finished with this.

THINGS TO COOK AND EAT: How do you feel about peanut butter and jelly? On a sandwich, not so much. As a sweet treat, I could be persuaded.

THINGS TO DROP DOUGH ON: Knitted jim jams. And because they're knitted from cotton denim waste, they're not even scratchy.

THINGS TO HANG ON THE WALL: My grandfather's and grandmother's cameras have been passed down to me. They're beautiful, well-cared for pieces of technology and I've been experimenting with them. There's a roll of film in a vintage Canon and I am yet to source 120 format film for a vintage Kodak, but I will, and promise to show you the results - if any. In the meantime enjoy these lovely hand-drawn vintage cameras.

#flashback: This time last year I was musing on my world view, and though it's not penned here, making big decisions about my future.


You Might Also Like

0 comments