CHRISTMAS 2012 BAKING || PECAN BALLS

THE Christmas baking has started. The pecan balls were a hit, so much so I may have gorged on the trial batch. It's an easy recipe, pu...


THE Christmas baking has started. The pecan balls were a hit, so much so I may have gorged on the trial batch.

It's an easy recipe, pulled straight from the pages of my favourite cook book.

PECAN BALLS
125g butter, softened
2 tablespoons sugar
teaspoon vanilla
1 cup pecans, chopped (I put mine through a quick burst in the blender to chop them)
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup icing sugar

Beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the vanilla and stir in the pecans. Stir in the flour in two batches until the mixture forms a dough. Roll out small balls onto a tray lined with baking paper and bake in a 180C oven for 12-15mins. They're a shortbread of sorts so keep an eye on them so they don't burn. Remove from the oven. While they're warm roll them in the icing sugar. I thought mine were still too warm for this. I think I could have waited until they were a little cooler. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments