I'M DRAMATIC, NOT ECCENTRIC

If you are dramatic ... do ... don't. If you are dainty ... do ... don't. If you are demure ... do ... don't. If you are v...

If you are dramatic ... do ... don't.


If you are dainty ... do ... don't.


If you are demure ... do ... don't.


If you are vivacious ... do ... don't.


If you are sturdy ... do ... don't.

If you are dignified ... do ... don't.

I PICKED up a 1960s copy of home economics text book Clothing Construction and Wardrobe Planning. The American text, written by Dora, Mabel and Marietta (fabulous names all of them), has as its early chapters copy on things like personal hygiene and defining your style. My favourite chapter is titled Personality Plus and has such gems as: “If you are dainty, you enjoy wearing soft, smooth woollens because rough, coarse textures are too harsh and bulky for delicate tastes”.

I’ve decided I am “dramatic” but a little wary of this warning. “Striking colours suit your extreme nature, but beware of peculiar colour combinations that put you into the eccentric class!”

However, that said, apparently I can “get away with bold”. I must remind my mother. She’ll be appalled.

PS: For more wardrobe "dos" and "don'ts" check out The Likkle Girl's post.

You Might Also Like

7 comments