THRIFTED TUESDAY

I COULDN’T resist Everywoman’s Home Doctor (1934) and Australian Plants for the Garden (1953). They were expensive op shop purchases at $1...



I COULDN’T resist Everywoman’s Home Doctor (1934) and Australian Plants for the Garden (1953). They were expensive op shop purchases at $10 each but the photos and illustrations in each were quaint and telling of the times. I’ll scan pages later in the week so you can see for yourselves. The tin was $3 from a Salvos store. I have no idea what could have been in it. It stinks. It’s an old lady smell somewhere between jasmine tea and overpowering potpourri. The belt was found on eBay. I paid $7 for it. The claim was that it was from the 1940s. I’m not certain. The materials look like they could be, but macramé was also big in the 1970s. What do you think? I do know it belonged to one skinny Minnie. It just fits around my waist. I’m seeing Australia tonight, so may pick up some clues about how to wear it.

You Might Also Like

3 comments