PINNING THINGS TRULY ME

I have felt more 'me' than I have for years. I'm pottering about the garden, dragging sewing and textile projects out of cupboar...

I have felt more 'me' than I have for years. I'm pottering about the garden, dragging sewing and textile projects out of cupboards where they've been languishing for years. I'm only working three days a week until I start post-grad study next year, when my weeks will againg be filled again with reading, research and writing, I'm sure. For now, I'm happy to potter, and enjoy time that's just my own.

katiecrackernuts.blogspot.com.au || pinning things to make and cook

THINGS TO MAKE AND DO: Last year, when I was in New York, I bought a Levi's stonewash denim jacket from the Brooklyn Flea. I saw this in my Pinterest feed this week and, with a piece of embroidery carried back from the time I lived in Vietnam, this is going to be my jacket's next life.

THINGS TO COOK AND EAT: Punchy salads with taste. Need I say more?

katiecrackernuts.blogspot.com.au || pinning things to buy and hang
THINGS TO DROP DOUGH ON: Last weekend I bought a grown-up lady bag from a new, local maker. I have a lovely big tote for the work commute and a bunch of fun but battered handbags and baskets from the op shop. Nothing that I could possibly use professionally or for a dressed up event. But, I'll tell you, it's hard to find something that still has that special something - like this one, little bit of personality

THINGS TO HANG ON THE WALL: I am a fan of these corny, totally politically incorrect movie posters. Storm Over Ceylon certainly looks racy and would look good on the wall alongside this one, picked up at a carnival in Beirut and this plate glass advertising slide from the back of a Kathmandu book store.

#flashback: This time last year I was preparing the house to welcome holiday guests.

You Might Also Like

3 comments