WINTER 2015 || JULY... I'VE DONE IT

THIS pumpkin, along with a few handfuls of coriander and parsley, are all I've harvested from the garden over winter. I've dug, we...

THIS pumpkin, along with a few handfuls of coriander and parsley, are all I've harvested from the garden over winter. I've dug, weeded, pruned to open up new spaces for spring and summer planting. Life here gets a little crazy from next weekend, so I'm busting for longer days when I can scratch away at my new plans.

In July:

I READ… Harper Lee's Go Set A Watchman. I've linked to a review from The Guardian here, but there are plenty of reviews to choose from and even more theories about the motives behind its release - some 50 years after it was written. For me, I simply enjoyed hearing the voice of Scout as a young woman. I thought Lee captured that age - your early 20s - beautifully. The naivety and the bravado; the lack of confidence and the black and white opinions (literally in this case); and, the shifts that move you to shades of grey. 

I WENT TO… a huge family moment for a woman who has been my friend since we were teens. She and her partner brought friends and family together to celebrate the christening of their first born - a darling little girl. Other than that, I've had a blissful month at home, near to family and friends and weekends of pottering about the house and garden.

I ATE… Five delicious courses at the first Woy Woy Fisherman's Wharf takeover. Corey Reid, of Momfuku Seiobo took the restaurant 'over' in July, and, in August, you can win yourself a place at the table when Joshua Niland, of Cafe Nice (Fratelli Fresh) takes over.

I OP SHOPPED… A great swathe of African print cloth - at least 5m of it along with pattern and craft magazines; and, a wool blazer, silk scarf, crocheted gloves and cord pants.

I MADE… a knitted vest. Well, almost. It's off the needles. I just need to finish the seams and block it.

You Might Also Like

1 comments