TURKISH DELIGHTS

I SPENT Saturday eating my way around the Sydney suburb of Auburn on a Gourmet Safari tour tasting and buying Turkish delights; quite liter...


I SPENT Saturday eating my way around the Sydney suburb of Auburn on a Gourmet Safari tour tasting and buying Turkish delights; quite literally in the case of Aussie company Real Turkish Delight. You’d know the wrappers, the chocolate-coated sweets are found in most Coles and Woolworths supermarkets. I do quite like the rose-flavoured Turkish delight, but we brought home the coconut and nut variety. I can recommend it. That, along with Turkish fairy floss, jars of roasted eggplant and capsicum, tahini to replace the jar I threw out the other day, loaves of Turkish bread and a box of halva I think I can expect to put on a few more kilos – and the Christmas feasting hasn’t even begun.

You Might Also Like

8 comments