CHRISTMAS 2012 BAKING || PECAN BALLS

THE Christmas baking has started. The pecan balls were a hit, so much so I may have gorged on the trial batch. It's an easy recipe, pu...


THE Christmas baking has started. The pecan balls were a hit, so much so I may have gorged on the trial batch.

It's an easy recipe, pulled straight from the pages of my favourite cook book.

PECAN BALLS
125g butter, softened
2 tablespoons sugar
teaspoon vanilla
1 cup pecans, chopped (I put mine through a quick burst in the blender to chop them)
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup icing sugar

Beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the vanilla and stir in the pecans. Stir in the flour in two batches until the mixture forms a dough. Roll out small balls onto a tray lined with baking paper and bake in a 180C oven for 12-15mins. They're a shortbread of sorts so keep an eye on them so they don't burn. Remove from the oven. While they're warm roll them in the icing sugar. I thought mine were still too warm for this. I think I could have waited until they were a little cooler. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hello Katie, yum those pecan balls look so good! I have just got so many things I want to bake for Christmas, I really need to narrow it down!

    Thank you for calling into my blog. I purchased that little paper tree a few years ago from Pulp Creative Paper (they are online, naturally) it is beautiful and so delicate. They still have them I think!

    I love the bird on your blog header too, did you draw it? Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, Hello. The pecan balls were good and incredibly morish. I'll check out that online recommendation. Ta. And the bird. Yes. I did draw it. Thanks for the compliment.

      Delete