TURKISH DELIGHTS

I SPENT Saturday eating my way around the Sydney suburb of Auburn on a Gourmet Safari tour tasting and buying Turkish delights; quite lite...


I SPENT Saturday eating my way around the Sydney suburb of Auburn on a Gourmet Safari tour tasting and buying Turkish delights; quite literally in the case of Aussie company Real Turkish Delight. You’d know the wrappers, the chocolate-coated sweets are found in most Coles and Woolworths supermarkets. I do quite like the rose-flavoured Turkish delight, but we brought home the coconut and nut variety. I can recommend it. That, along with Turkish fairy floss, jars of roasted eggplant and capsicum, tahini to replace the jar I threw out the other day, loaves of Turkish bread and a box of halva I think I can expect to put on a few more kilos – and the Christmas feasting hasn’t even begun.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. yum! that sounds like a delightful safari you took part in. I love turkish delight. The coconut/nut version sounds most interesting....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum - what a great day out! I love Turkish treaties! Lucky you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always go there for Turkish Delight - so much cheaper than the shops! My favourite is the rose flavoured ones with pistachios.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite kind of food! I am lucky enough to live very close to Brunswick where all of those tasty morsels can be found. I LOVE Turkish delight. And tahini - I eat it every morning on toast with banana and honey. I hear it contains lots of vitamin c in those crushed sesame seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Turkish Delight, something about the way that one is presented makes me think of "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe" the way Edmund passes over to the dark side for the love of Turkish Delight. I am anticipating putting on at least 3 kilos over Chrimbo, did a mega shop online for Irish goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. delicious! i love middle eastern cuisine and you can see a lot of it influenced in the Cypriot cuisine too - we also love our Tahini (good on toast with jam!)

    ReplyDelete