FRESH INGREDIENTS

THE weekend cook ups are still powering along. This weekend gone it was a corn, carrot and shallot quiche – made using carrots pulled f...



THE weekend cook ups are still powering along. This weekend gone it was a corn, carrot and shallot quiche – made using carrots pulled from the vegie patch – a chicken and creamy mustard pasta dish, served with steamed beans and broccoli, and a pumpkin, roma tomato, spinach and ricotta lasagne. I’m planning a menu of Asian-inspired dishes for this weekend.

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. just had breakfast but now i'm hungry for some fresh vegies, haha.
    Yeap, renos and a baby and funny i'm not stressed or worried at all, really i'm feeling the best i have ever felt, still there is so much to do before the end of jan, when i'm due.
    ice tea and i'm thinking some yummy ice blocks too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you *sure* they're carrots??

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great!! I'm inspired by your garden to stove top cooking!! That would be my dream one day.

    Thank you for the lighthouse link, I think I will post them my photos : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm quite jealous of your veggie patch. We just don't have a backyard to start one. Ideally I'd like to get some chickens as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoah. Don't those carrots have some character!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no doubt they are the best carrots ever tasted, but I keep looking at them and thinking of the Wicked Witch of the East!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like eating your own homegrown produce! we've got an organic veggie patch too - love it. We also have 21 huge olive trees, laden with olives, so this year we will be picking them to make our own olive oil. This all sounds very tasty. enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what fabulously nobbly carrots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those carrots have character! I'm a huge vegie fan - your post has done the pavlovian dog thing on me - I have to run home after work and roast me up some pumkin and broccoli...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome carrots!! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete