WASTE NOT, WANT NOT

JUST in case you were wondering, we ate mulligatawny soup on Saturday, bean nachos and lemon meringue cake on Sunday and a leek, butter be...



JUST in case you were wondering, we ate mulligatawny soup on Saturday, bean nachos and lemon meringue cake on Sunday and a leek, butter bean and creamed corn soup last night. Planning ahead is consistently cutting both costs and waste. How To Shuck An Oyster, wrote a terrific post on food waste over the weekend. Well worth a read.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Yep. Every week I resent that writing of the meal plan but I know only too well how much waste it saves - no more hanging my head in shame for forgetting the now out-of-date ingredients...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's so true. I used to be really efficient at having a weekly plan of dinners, ready to go. Time to get back into it - it's just so useful and means less wastage.

    I would love to include a lemon meringue on the list somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm...lemon meringue cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your so organised Kate! I agree there is just so much unnecessary waste if you don't plan ahead - I have been bad lately, You have inspired me to pick up my act:)

    Your meals as always sound mouth watering...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Planning meal saves time too! Especially when you work - you get home and know what to put on right away, no faffing about.

    The cake looks delicious! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've done it before and then let other things get in the way, so you've re-inspired me to get back onto the meal planning bandwagon. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete