My reading list of 2017

If I could count all the pages read for university study, 2017 would have been a bumper reading year. I am actually surprised I managed to s...

If I could count all the pages read for university study, 2017 would have been a bumper reading year. I am actually surprised I managed to squeeze an average book a month in.

katiecrackernuts.blogspot.com.au || books read in 2017

I have another year of study due to start at the end of this month and am rushing to devour pages of anything non-business related before tutorials take over.

Here's what I read in 2017.

1. The Secret Chord, Geraldine Brooks
2. Goodwood, Holly Throsby
3. Pain, Parties, Work: Sylvia Plath in New York, Summer 1953, Elizabeth Winder
katiecrackernuts.blogspot.com.au || more books read in 2017

4. My Brilliant Friend, Ella Ferrante
5. Story of a New Name, Ella Ferrante
6. Those Who Leave and Those Who Stay, Ella Ferrante
katiecrackernuts.blogspot.com.au || three more books read in 2017

7. The Gathering, Anne Enright
8. Everywhere I Look, Helen Garner
9. Cooking for Picasso, Camille Aubray
katiecrackernuts.blogspot.com.au || final three books read in 2017

10. Exit West, Mohsin Hamid
11. Matilda Waltzes With the Tommies, Mary Kent Hughes
12. Force of Nature, Jane Harper

My favourite reads were Harper's Force of Nature and Aubray's Cooking For Picasso. They're also the lightest reads of the lot, which is probably testimony to the need for escapism to balance out a diet of academic reading.

What's on your bedside table at the moment, or on your must-read list for 2018?

You Might Also Like

0 comments