I KNOW HOW ONE ACQUIRES NANA POWERS

MY grandmother knits. She knits beautifully. There is no comparison. She knits patterns out of her head. She remembers patterns from a ...

MY grandmother knits. She knits beautifully. There is no comparison. She knits patterns out of her head. She remembers patterns from a bazillion years ago and knits them up... without looking. She watches the television - her favourites daytime shows - and, bam, one medallion square done. Not just any medallion square. Super intricate, five-needle medallion squares. 

I have been trying to teach myself five-needle knitting. To my great surprise, I can do this. I can't watch daytime television and do it but I can sit on my bedroom floor for five hours, cursing the heavens above, and do this. 

Why can I do this? I have a theory. I think it could be something to do with a little package the stork brought our family just over a week ago. 

Could it be? Are there other Nana-esque powers I should try out? Now I think about it, am I allowed to tell you about the Nana power? Is the $5 my Nana gives me to buy a milkshake actually hush money? 

What Nana powers* does your Nana have?
* Am I likely to hurt myself if I try them?

Like me on Facebook // Follow me on Twitter

You Might Also Like

2 comments