A TISSUE, A TISSUE...

I ALWAYS carry a handkerchief. Always. Maybe it's a throwback to being a Girl Guide and having a handkerchief, small notebook and pencil...

I ALWAYS carry a handkerchief. Always. Maybe it's a throwback to being a Girl Guide and having a handkerchief, small notebook and pencil stub and 40c for the phone (back when there was a public phone booth - undamaged - on every corner and a call cost 40c).

My mum crocheted the edge on this hankie and I saw at a market stall yesterday these embroidered and embellished hankies were called wedding handkerchiefs. I don't know if that's real but I can imagine women having a sweet, new handkerchief tucked into the bodice of their bridal gown for weepy moments.

For me, I just like having a nice hankie. 

Like me on Facebook // Follow me on Twitter

You Might Also Like

2 comments