TELL ME A STORY

DID you spy my latest collection of old books in the last post? A 1956 copy of the ABC Children’s Hour annual – published to complement the...



DID you spy my latest collection of old books in the last post? A 1956 copy of the ABC Children’s Hour annual – published to complement the national broadcaster’s radio serial of the same name – a book of British wildflower’s illustrated by John Nash; and, Green Mountains, the story of Bernard O’Reilly and his search for survivors of a plane crash in the hinterland northwest of Brisbane in the late 1930s. I was captivated by the Children's Hour, which contains two short stories and a photograph of a young Ruth Park, author of The Harp in the South.

Oh, and if you're keen for new reading material, I have listed Frankie magazine (edition No.12) on eBay, and The Slow Readers book club is reading Alice, I Have Been.

You Might Also Like

2 comments