OFF AND RUNNING

I SKIPPED yesterday’s blog post. I did write one. It was about how I was determined not to be beaten by the day. It may have been late, but ...


I SKIPPED yesterday’s blog post. I did write one. It was about how I was determined not to be beaten by the day. It may have been late, but it was before midnight and I was feeling rather chuffed. The washing was out and another load in. The ironing was done. Dinner – not cooked by me, but cleaned up by me – was done. I’d worked my full eight hours, even managed to duck into an op shop at lunch time. I’d made my necessary phone calls and sent the necessary emails. Work? Check. Family? Check. Girl Guides? Check. Then I wrote my post, went to upload the picture and, pfft, Blogger failed me. Damn it.

Some days it’s all I can do get up, stumble to work, feed the family, put out the rubbish and fall into bed (I am sure you can read the usual family routine of washing, sweeping, fluffing, picking up, wiping down, picking up again, pegging out, paying this, driving here and there - and the rest - into that). Yesterday though, I was on top. I was winning – at least until the final hurdle. Oh well, today is another day and the starter’s gun has already fired.

You Might Also Like

4 comments