I DON'T know about you but even though it’s not been a particularly cold winter (this weekend aside), I have put on what I prefer to call, a buffer layer. Cheesy scones, basil pesto (yes, still) and jam roly-poly may well be among the main offenders.
But seriously, how good is jam roly-poly? You make it, right? It’s so simple and if ever there was a reason to make a little excess short crust pasty, this is it. It’s even better if you add a little vintage cheddar or parmesan cheese to the pastry. That sweet jammy goodness against the sharp bite of cheese… oh yeah.
And every batch of roly-poly must be accompanied by a cup of tea and a good read.
- If you could design a city for women this is why and how you'd do it.
- Why charity is not always about the money, in fact, why it shouldn't be about the money.
- Does anyone have it all? Certainly women can't claim to. Do men feel they have it?
- I am super keen to use these tips and tricks to dye wool I bought from the op shop.
- And my warrigal greens are scavenged but here's a how-to guide for you.
Happy reading, and eating.