WINTER 2014 || TASTY TITBITS PLUS JAM ROLY-POLY

I DON'T know about you but even though it’s not been a particularly cold winter (this weekend aside), I have put on what I prefer...

I DON'T know about you but even though it’s not been a particularly cold winter (this weekend aside), I have put on what I prefer to call, a buffer layer. Cheesy scones, basil pesto (yes, still) and jam roly-poly may well be among the main offenders.

But seriously, how good is jam roly-poly? You make it, right? It’s so simple and if ever there was a reason to make a little excess short crust pasty, this is it. It’s even better if you add a little vintage cheddar or parmesan cheese to the pastry. That sweet jammy goodness against the sharp bite of cheese… oh yeah.

And every batch of roly-poly must be accompanied by a cup of tea and a good read.


Happy reading, and eating.

You Might Also Like

1 comments