GETTING ENOUGH FIBRE

A COUPLE of you asked for more pics of the weaving . A-ha! Other closet nutters. I knew it. The basket’s not very big and I might have pul...



A COUPLE of you asked for more pics of the weaving. A-ha! Other closet nutters. I knew it. The basket’s not very big and I might have pulled in a little too tight at the beginning but I do like the organic shape, a pod of sorts. I have a handful of feathers in it at the moment but might find a jar or tin for its innards and hang fresh flowers in it. What do you think? The fibres are hand-dyed wools and cotton string, as supplied by the tutor, with my contribution being ribbons cut from used bread bags. Natty, hey?

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Thank you for showing us "nutty" work! Tee hee hee.
    Love the colours! I can't remember the name of the bird now but the shape of your basket looks exactly like its hanging nest. It is organic!
    xx your nutter pal

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh it's really beautiful.....love it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!

    Love the idea of the the jar and fresh flowers... even though the feathers look great. It's very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are great - i love the colours. Have you made with any collected fibres?

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 27, 2010

    Pizzie, Pizzie chicken, why haven't you done what I wanted?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours and the shape too - a great joyful plant hanger or flower hanger Kate! Now that you've shown us this morsel, we'll want to see every thing you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous? What the heck is a pizzie chicken. And what did you want?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see myself having it slung over my shoulder in the woods holding a bow =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. it is lovely - such pretty bright, cheerful colours!

    ReplyDelete