THREAD OF A THOUGHT

I SPENT Sunday quietly sitting and contemplating my week with women – and one fella – at a Spinners and Weavers Guild one-day basket weav...



I SPENT Sunday quietly sitting and contemplating my week with women – and one fella – at a Spinners and Weavers Guild one-day basket weaving course. Basket weaving? Sure, it’s not got a great reputation – what with all the jibes I’ve had about being nutty. But, hey, basket weaving and mental health. I get the link. This stuff is meditative. All power to the nutters, I say. They’re onto something good.

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. oh, I love the one on the right, with all the earthy colours in it.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great!

    I've seen some really beautiful exhibitions of baskets lately that have made me think about trying my hand at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It'd be great if you could post more about your basket making experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am looking to knit. i need the curative powers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any crafty bizzo involving a mental health/general sanity benefit works best for me. Bring on the basket weaving...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds great.. i am keen to do some weaving too... but will keep working through the bits i've 'collected' for the moment..yes, was that your piece in the shot?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love any kind of woven recepticle. i'm with you and the nutters xx

    ReplyDelete