GRANDPA GLASSES

THIS will be my final “specs” post - at least until I find new ones ; ) These have my prescription lenses in them. They were bought from th...


THIS will be my final “specs” post - at least until I find new ones ; ) These have my prescription lenses in them. They were bought from the “grandpa” stash - the budget eyewear usually only bought by seniors. My optometrist’s receptionist was horrified I’d even ventured into “that” draw. Buy they were $38 and looked exactly the same as a “designer” brand worth $380, for frames alone. With my lenses, and the last of my health fund’s eye care rebate, they were $70 – in total.

Now, let’s play spot the spectacles. These are a few posts I spied with my little eye over the past week.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Great idea! I find that most of the time the cost of my lenses is about the same cost of the glasses itself. I bought new ones last year but might get a second pair when I feel like a change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a champ! I also hate paying huges sums on frames (I wear my glasses all the time so maybe I should see them as the jewellery I don't wear and spend some money instead... that made no sense at all!)

    When I saw your post about op-shop frames, I thought that was inspired. But then seeing the grandpa frames! Genius!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love a good grandpa pair of glasses- what a great find. Have been enjoying these spec posts, sad to see them go! xo m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bargain! No wonder the receptionist was mortified she just lost $342 on a sale. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love black rims. Have often toyed with the idea of throwing away my thin frames for some serious scorsese style specs.

    ReplyDelete