I GOTTA WEAR SHADES

A FEW weeks after I found that first pair of Christian Dior sunnies at an op-shop for $4 - with prescription lenses, sadly not mine - I fo...

A FEW weeks after I found that first pair of Christian Dior sunnies at an op-shop for $4 - with prescription lenses, sadly not mine - I found a stash of vintage sunnies at another op-shop for $3 a pair.

Another pair of Christian Dior sunnies were among them, with a graduated rose blush. Woot.

These gorgeous big beauties, with Made in Italy stamped on the frame. Very Roman Holiday.

I love this pair. The black and white frames, the grey and graduated lenses, the '80s styling. Pity the prescription in the lens is just that little bit off. Walking in them makes me nauseous. I can just sit at the beach looking all glam in them though. Right?

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. They're very groovy baby! Can you have new prescription lenses made for them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously cool score. I'm with CP, I'd have the lenses replaced. I am in awe, my mouth literally dropped at this booty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous, I am rarely that lucky in op shops!
    The 2nd pair are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talk about specs appeal...I love them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found some totally awesome retro fabrics in an op shop this weekend (actually when I say 'fabrics', I mean they were actually old-school aprons, pillowcases etc) which I chopped up and revamped into jewellery. Op shopping gives me a total rush!! Woohoo!! Great finds Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh YEAH!

    I am just recently on a bit of an oppy-sunnies binge myself - I found some rather spunky LeSpecs & after wearing them constantly for months I LOST THEM far far away... *sniffles*

    Luckily the very first oppy I went to had passable replacements... and a couple more pairs besides. ;)

    LOVE the first pair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i was reading this last night & was amazed at what a great score!!
    well done, now that's a good oppie day when you come home with those goodies.
    enjoy them

    ReplyDelete
  8. The black and white ones are the best - fo shizzle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow they are great!!! I find it really hard to find shades that look good on me, the ones I have at the mo just make me look scary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how cool, they remind me of my mums stash of sunnies when i was a kid but sadly she does not have them any more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it bad that the pinkish ones make me think of the girls in one of the Underbelly series? So very glam. I'm living in hope of some modelled pics of some of these glasses some day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wauw!
    They are so cool.....I'm in love ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, sit on the beach, giant shades in place, head tiled to the sky, eye tight shut! hehehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tidy work!

    Cool to the max.

    ReplyDelete