EYE ON THE BALL

I WASN’T good at sport. No way? You’re kiddin’ me? I can see you’re shocked. No, I was more the bookish type. The spectacle-wearing type. As...

I WASN’T good at sport. No way? You’re kiddin’ me? I can see you’re shocked. No, I was more the bookish type. The spectacle-wearing type. As a teenager and later, a poor, struggling journo I used to settle on a pair of frames every few years and wear them to death. When I was told to keep my eye on the ball, I just ducked – for fear of my frames smashing into my face. But, you know, I’ve got a grown-up salary, I have a mortgage, I’ve raised three of the four to adulthood and only have two of them dependent on me, why can’t I go out and buy a second pair of specs? Are you gunna stop me? Actually, you might have to. I’m dedicating this week’s posts to a new and dangerous op-shopping addiction – retro spectacle frames.

The Christian Dior frames above were the first ... of many.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. i absolutely adore that sketch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous...can't wait to see what you find...I need new glasses too! And yes, agree, great drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh crikey, you're going to make me want to wear specs next...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha! this made me laugh - they actually look like my huge pale white specs that I wore during the 80's...what was I thinking?!?! actually some young fashionista is probably sporting a similar pair now..they seem to be all the rage! go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic way to get some very individual specs! I think you can definitely get more - if only so that we can enjoy their documentation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for your great comment on my blog this morning...made me laugh right back! And we have one more thing in common...I did the girl guide thing too. And yep, the pergola was mission brown...I couldn't stand it a moment longer...the back of the house is still brown but can't face painting that just yet. Oh it's never ending isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I shall keep a look out for you (through my own not so cool specs). x

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous! love them, making me wish i had a good reason to find something similar for myself. sorry i've be a little absent lately - totally swamped as always xx

    ReplyDelete