ALL ABOARD ...

SO, the op shop tour went off without a hitch. Actually, that’s not entirely true. There were 20 booked for the bus, with a waiting list of...


SO, the op shop tour went off without a hitch. Actually, that’s not entirely true. There were 20 booked for the bus, with a waiting list of as many again. Then a fella – yes, a fella – turned up and wanted in, and fortunately there was one spare seat. Then another woman, who’d trekked the whole main street, with bub on hip, arrived and also wanted in, but the bus was full. We had to turn her away. My heart sunk when her lip quivered and her baby, serenely oblivious, made goo-goo eyes at me. Awwww ... I near gave up my seat, but, you know, I was the tour guide.

She was gracious and went on with her day. I do hope it got better and that the op shop gods were as kind to her as they were to me.

And yes, even as the tour guide I managed to pick up some choice second-hand goodness. Another basket – yes, it made me happy – a kaftan to waft about the beach in, a gumnut inspired necklace and a couple of vintage patterns. I also scored a pair of earrings and a beaded top. And there’s another tour Saturday. Goodness.

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Congratulations on a very successful beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the idea of an opp shop tour. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad it all went so well, what a beaut idea getting an opshop crawl organized. I bet your good luck would have rubbed off on your fellow shoppers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it sounds like heaps of fun I wanna come too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. souns like a nice little trip,I would enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you come back to Brisbane for a visit and organise one here please!?!
    Glad you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love it that you get to put 'tour guide' on your CV!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff. Pity I'm four hours away - I would have loved to have seen you in action and learn from the master!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a blast! Sorry about the lass with the bub...not to worry she can go on the next one? Excellent find that basket!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh well done - how cool....i bet everyone had a FAB time and bought lots of goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm so glad it went well! that poor lady, I probably would have given her my seat and run behind the bus for the day, then I would have really hated her by the end of it all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. op shop tour??
    i am so curious what it is about...!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some may feel squeamish about eating it, but rabbit has a fan base that grows as cooks discover how easy they are to raise — and how good the meat tastes.

    ReplyDelete