OPPED 'TIL I DROPPED

I SUBMITTED my final op shop “challenge diary” today. It’s been a hoot and I thank you all for playing along. I spoke to Gosford Council’s ...


I SUBMITTED my final op shop “challenge diary” today. It’s been a hoot and I thank you all for playing along. I spoke to Gosford Council’s environment officers on Tuesday about TWO, read it TWO, op shops tours to run during National Recycling Week in November and also to the manager of a group of Central Coast op shops about a program to help young people feel confident about their wardrobe, care for it (launder it and mend it) and refashion recycled garments. I also counted up the carbon savings in my own wardrobe and I've cut almost 2500kg CO2 from entering our atmosphere.

The News Limited 1degree eco-challenge will be judged over the coming weeks and a winner announced by the end of the month. The 1degree premise is that we can all make a small degree of difference to cut carbon emissions and cool the planet – get it, 1degree (1C).

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. OOH. It's the pointy end. Best of luck. It strikes me that the News Limited 1 degree Eco-challenge is an excellent kick start on a whole way of continued eco-conscious living...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats SO awesome - well done and the OpShop tours sound fantastic! Goodluck - hope you win this...wish i could play along but Im not a good Opshop clothing buyer...old books and paper - im good at that!! what about Ebay Vintage clothes - does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! you're on the opping roll! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lookit you go! Commendable AND fashionable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lurvve your work! You amaze me.
    Fantastic idea with the Op Shop tours.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
    Frankly the judges will be insane to choose any of the other finalists!
    You have inspired me to investigate the op shops here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. going for gold, gee i hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! I have my fingers and toes croseed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a dynamo! i am in awe of your ability to get things off the ground. love the op shop tours idea and the mending, caring, refashioning idea - just gorgeous. u r such and inspiration and truely desrve to win xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great challenge! Consider me officially signed up...I already turn old clothes and fabrics into handbags for my accessories label so I'm a bit of an op shop nut he he

    Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is it possible to see a larger version of that image? I can't quite make out the text!
    x

    ReplyDelete