THE ULTIMATE GO SLOW

I GUESS making your own clothes - or your own fabric and then your own clothes, as is the case with knitting and crochet - is the ultima...





I GUESS making your own clothes - or your own fabric and then your own clothes, as is the case with knitting and crochet - is the ultimate in slow fashion. In my case, extremely slow fashion. In fact, several turns of season and fashion fads may have passed before I finish an item of clothing.

During my recent road trip, I paid 20c for two early editions of the Australian magazine Homemade. They’re a scream. I actually felt some sort of teen angst looking at them. They’re all the looks I tried so desperately as a young teen to pull off. The makeup, the hair, the bright colours, the baggy pants, the batwing sleeves. The look has most definitely been resurrected, but in a softer, more wearable form.

The cropped red jumper looks doable – and by 2030 when this look swings back around, I should be done. Can’t get any slower than that.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. that's hilarious! those batwing jumpers!!!!!!!! did we REALLY wear those? too, too funny.
    PS: thanks for offer regarding book - it's all good though, ta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fairly sure that eyebrows hadn't heard of tweezers back then. Those were the days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd rock that red sweater. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, goodness cant be rushed - you take your time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. dont you just love flicking through vintage mags! cool fashion illustrations - shoulder pads are on the comeback already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally in love with jersey black and white stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are fabulous!! and i mean what's for sale for 20c these days?! bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a scream! i am really feeling the ultra batwing pastel purple jumper action. am starting knitting lessons next week - kicking off with fingerless gloves - aparantly they r dead easy - we shall see. btw yes it was my birthday on friday but it was almost a non-event - we all struggling with hideous colds that wont go away.

    ReplyDelete