DO READ ON

I MADE only one New Year’s Resolution. That was to not buy any more new books, not even second hand ones, until I’d read what was on the sh...


I MADE only one New Year’s Resolution. That was to not buy any more new books, not even second hand ones, until I’d read what was on the shelves here at home. So far I’ve resisted buying a single new title. Well done me. But, my resolve may well weaken because in Saturday’s Sydney Morning Herald I found the guide to the Sydney Writers' Festival. Be still my beating heart. I have decided what I want to see and hope to book a couple of days of annual leave. What bliss.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I have this problem even with library books. I'll go to return all the books I've read, rejoicing that finally I'll get to the bottom of the pile I borrowed last week, only to find myself walking out half an hour later with an even bigger pile. I know it's really a problem when I can't walk down the side of my bed because of the piles of books and magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's just soooo hard to just stop buying books when you already have a whole library full of them :P I feel the same way I was thinking "I should stop buying books & start reading the rest of them" but it's just ever sooo hard to just not buy a book. When I see any book that catches my eyes I'm hooked & I have to buy it. I feel like when I buy books it makes me feel better, especially if it was one I have been searching for for a while. Ah, I'm going to try this soon, real soon! Let's hope we can do it aye :P Good luck. Oh & I love the books you "already" have, they look interesting :) :)


    x Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg katie! 50c that is insane!!!
    you always get really good finds!
    have you been to the op shop at Summerhills, i hear you grab a big bag for $5 and fill it up with what you like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that title, "A cup of light" ... so beautiful. Probably because I am a tea person

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never seem to finish many books that I start to read. Although there is one in that pile 'A million little pieces' that I read a few years back and thoroughly enjoyed. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete