SUNNY DAYS

I HAD a day away from the office a couple of Fridays ago and headed out to check out some op shops I’d been told were good. My first stop tu...


I HAD a day away from the office a couple of Fridays ago and headed out to check out some op shops I’d been told were good. My first stop turned up this Sunbeam Mixmaster. It was found at a Salvos store and cost $30. I did debate whether it would be a good buy. The little handheld beater we’ve had for the past 10 years, or longer, only works on one setting and there had been talk of buying something a little more robust. After plugging it in instore and whipping through the settings, I figured for $30 if it all went belly-up I wasn’t that far out of pocket. So far it’s been pretty damn good and we've whipped up a batch of patty cakes and a chocolate cake with it.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. OK, it's bothering me now. Does anyone know why sometimes blogger throws heaps of leading (the space between each line) into the posting and sometimes it doesn't?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great buy. Mu mum used to have one like this and I wished she had kept it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (on your comment above, I have no idea...)

    Great oppy find. I would love a beautiful mixer like that. I did find one once, and stupidly left it behind. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. So retro!! That is a great buy.

    ReplyDelete