I've done it... April

In two weeks I will be packing my bags and heading off on a road trip but for now I am locked away in our cave of a study and wrestling acco...

In two weeks I will be packing my bags and heading off on a road trip but for now I am locked away in our cave of a study and wrestling accounting formulas and strategic management theory.

katiecrackernuts.blogspot.com.au || a foggy walk in kuringgai chase national park

You must get thoroughly bored with my ranting about uni study. I'd fill these posts with something more exciting if I had something more exciting to offer, trust me. I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel to come up with this month's I've Done It list.

IN APRIL:

I WENT TO... the city for a night of theatre. Does that count? It's going to have to count. I am honoured to call playwright Tasnim Hossain a friend and if you get a chance to see her work, do.

I also stretched my legs with a day walk in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. I am the 'walker' in this video my partner made of the day.

I ATE... I am studying - the diet consists of mostly toast and coffee with the odd run of soup, slow cooker meals or things I've dragged from the freezer.

I OP SHOPPED... Old cotton reels, old children's books and a little 1980s casual glamour.

I MADE... There is a sleeve and a bit to go on a cardigan I have been knitting for more than a year now. It's sitting on the couch ready for me to finish a raglan sleeve and start on that last piece before I can block it and add the ribbed binding.

I READ... The Birdman's Wife, by Melissa Ashley. If you're a fan of natural history you'll know of ornithologist John Gould and the published work The Birds of Australia, on display in the Australian Museum's Westpac Long Gallery. However, you may not know that it was his wife Elizabeth that was the artist, along with Edward Lear, and that she left her children and travelled to Australia with her husband and his scientific team to complete studies of Australian birds in the wild. I found it fascinating as much for the science and history as for the imagining of what this working mother's life looked at in the 1800s.

You Might Also Like

2 comments