PINNING THINGS LIGHT AND BRIGHT

It's hot so it's easy to be in denial about summer ending. I am in denial though. I like the tan lines, the easy summer feasting, th...

It's hot so it's easy to be in denial about summer ending. I am in denial though. I like the tan lines, the easy summer feasting, the cold beers, trips to the beach and the pool, summer crops from the garden and long, sunshine-filled days.

katiecrackernuts.blogspot.com.au || embroidered tee and avocado, chickpea pitas

Things to make and do: I like a slouchy boys tee in summer, but I don't have the patience to embroider this on to anything, let alone a stretch knit. I might try something smaller, and on a woven cloth, though.
Things to cook and eat: Summer eating. I don't want it to be over.

katiecrackernuts.blogspot.com.au || beautiful basket and cicada print

Things to drop dough on: I love baskets. They're used for so many things in our house. Storage, gathering herbs, to hold the overflow of books from bedside tables, for serving food from, carting stuff about, a beach bag... the list goes on.
Things to hang on the wall: I took two prints to the framer last week, so our walls are at capacity, but I can still look, can't I? Beautiful work from Kristina Closs. I have a thing for these summer critters.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. You still have another month of summer to go, so try not to taint what you have by already anticipating it's loss, besides next comes the glories of Autumn and then perhaps you need to embrace the concept of Hygge and see if you can also embrace the treasure of Winter all in the knowing that Summer will return. That is the glory of the ever changing seasons. Too long in any one would spoil it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that basket Katie, you find the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete