SUMMER 2016 || PINNING THINGS 'GRASS IS GREENER'

HOW quickly things can change from one month to another. My January post had me back at my old job for the start of the new year, and this p...

HOW quickly things can change from one month to another. My January post had me back at my old job for the start of the new year, and this post has me starting a new job. I'm not kidding you that when I leaped, I really leaped. I was making plans to leave my former job. I commuted four hours daily and my directors were aware I was looking to leave the early starts, long days and inflexible hours behind in 2016 - at least for a little while.

Rather, one phone call was all it took to set me on the path of an opportunity close to home, working with a grassroots community organisation moving from organic growth to strategic growth. I'll be setting down a communications strategy and implementing processes and ways of working that the small, already busy team and their customers can work with. I can't wait to dive in. The contract's for six months and I've got my eye firmly on what needs to be done while preparing for what comes next.

This is going to be one busy and, hopefully, fulfilling year. I'm ready for it.


THINGS TO MAKE AND DO: Maybe if I start on these this month I should be able to wear then when the weather turns cool. I am a fan of the leg warmer.

THINGS TO COOK AND EAT: Spinach balls with pesto sauce. I'd make enough to ensure there was something to pack for a work lunch. I'm going to have get better at preparing my lunches the night before. I was spoiled in the city for lunch choices but it wasn't great on the waistline and cost a fortune. I'm going to be a lot more controlled, on both fronts.

THINGS TO DROP DOUGH ON: Green boots. Need I say more? I don't really need new work attire, but if these boots were to come into my life, I wouldn't be complaining.

THINGS TO HANG ON THE WALL: I actually think this would make a stunning, if not over the top wallpaper of furnishings fabric. My partner and I bought a delightful mid-century single rocker for $50 at the op shop last week. The fabric on it is great but needs a clean up. We're also thinking about reupholstering and something like this would be on my short-list.

#flashback: I was trying to keep the summer holiday glow alive, without success.

You Might Also Like

9 comments