SUMMER 2015 || NOVEMBER... I'VE DONE IT

I GOTTA stop apologising for these late posts, but again, as the end of the month rolled around, I was nowhere near a computer and defini...

katiecrackernuts.blogspot.com || road trip cut sandwiches and Thermos tea

I GOTTA stop apologising for these late posts, but again, as the end of the month rolled around, I was nowhere near a computer and definitely nowhere in cooee of a decent mobile connection.

Bliss. ;)

In NOVEMBER:

I WENT TO… on a weekend road trip, and it was sooooo worth the long drive from the NSW Central Coast to the state's Central West. We stopped to visit an old friend and and her darling new bub at Ballimore, near Dubbo, and then drove onto Coolah, with a day spent in Coolah Tops National Park. It was a classic road trip. Thermos tea and cut sandwiches out of the Esky, a Pub Squash at the Ballimore Inn, pulling up at the only motel in town (fan on, enamel sink, squeaky beds with velour spreads) and enjoying a schnitzel and chips and cold ale at the local pub before an early start to bushwalking the next day. It was all wrapped up with milkshakes and a 'slab' of Vanilla Slice at the country bakery at Merriwa on the way home.

I ATE… Nothing fancy. I had to restrain myself after last month's culinary adventures.

I OP SHOPPED… a linen top and jeans, a mid-century pottery vase and gold brocade dress, circa 1960s. I love the monthly car boot sale, and it's on again this weekend.

I MADE… a start on a summer knitting project, courtesy of hours spent in the car during the weekend road trip.

I READ… Kate Llewellyn’s newest book, A Fig at the Gate. I am a fan of Llewellyn's diaries of love, loss, gardening, cups of tea and her examinations of friends, lovers and the anyone she chooses to muse on, from the bloke across the road to taxi drivers.

I also finished Patti Smith's Just Kids. I've been reading this on and off for months but finally sat with it and read it to its end. I loved the writing, but picked and picked at it not really feeling I had the head space to surrender to the writing and telling of this story. Finishing it feels like parting with something important. M Train? Who's read it?

The final read of the month was Elizabeth Gilbert's Big Magic. I actually listened to it as an audio book. So satisfying to garden and listen to Gilbert read this one aloud. Plenty to muse on.

You Might Also Like

0 comments