IF VINTAGE CHRISTMAS TREE DECOR COULD TALK

THERE are op shop finds, garage sale find and car boot finds... and then there are finds like these vintage Christmas tree decorations an...

THERE are op shop finds, garage sale find and car boot finds... and then there are finds like these vintage Christmas tree decorations and gift trimmings. For a mere handful of loose change, they came home with me.

I think these are Russian-made moulded tin ornaments. If you know more, do say. 

The mushroom was glass, and I think the Middle Eastern looking vase is too, though how those fine handles have survived the decades, I do not know. All the pieces came wrapped in old Christmas paper napkins, which I of course smoothed out and kept the best of.

I have vague recollections of boxes like these in my mother's own collection. The colours have worn off most of the baubles, but they still sparkle in the box.


Australian made "Gay Gift Tye" and "Glam Gift Tape", most of it as good as new and used on this year's wrapped gifts. The gift toppers are Japanese made, backed with stiff old florist wire and printed paper labels.

I hope they're all decorations that have been hung and loved through the years. Gosh, what stories could they tell? 

You Might Also Like

2 comments