WINTER 2015 || WHY I LOVE THAT FIRST SPRAY OF WATTLE

I AM sporting scratches across my face, up my arms and over the back of my hands. My knees are bruised and my back catches if I sit for ...

katiecrackernuts.blogspot.com || free pottery bud vase and first spray of wattle

I AM sporting scratches across my face, up my arms and over the back of my hands. My knees are bruised and my back catches if I sit for too long and try to stand up.

Yup, I’ve been gardening.

This brutal and punishing exercise in self-flagellation has netted a veggie patch cleared of weeds; a back fence cleared of weeds; a semi-pruned hibiscus that I’ll admit has temporarily defeated me; and, an expanded garden bed.

I’ve also, I hope, managed to avoid a fine by clearing overgrown Echium and Bird of Paradise from the water meter – that, and possibly a less than discreet pruning of the same at the hands of the local council.

Best of all, being out in the garden means I’ve seen the first puffs of wattle coming into bloom. That first spray means there’s a coming spring and summer, and I, for one, can’t wait.

#opshopscore // pottery bud vase from the Kincumber Uniting Church op shop’s ‘free to a good home’ table

You Might Also Like

1 comments