SPRING 2014 || AVERT YOUR EYES, I'VE SAID THE 'C' WORDSeptember 16, 2014
DON'T tell me how many days we've got until Christmas. Yes, THAT dirty 'C' word. Every year I promise I'll be bett...
DON'T tell me how many days we've got until Christmas. Yes, THAT dirty 'C' word. Every year I promise I'll be better organised to handcraft gifts that are well considered, ethical and adored by their recipients. Yet, every year I am hard pressed to write a few hastily gathered words on store-bought cards and buy gift vouchers for the nearest and dearest. Every, damn year.
The only tradition I have managed to stick to is the making of a tree decoration for each of my step children, and a pav for the Christmas table.
For the former I've managed to score a bunch of craft magazines, with Christmas projects to boot, and a stash of fabrics and buttons - all from a recent op shop haul.
The magazines were 50c each, the fabric a fiver, the buttons a gold coin or two and that lone punch glass was scored from the freebie table. That should help keep the Christmas budget in check.
- Is your wool stash ethical? Mine's from the op shop, so at least it's reclaimed.
- Knitting patterns didn't look like this in my Nana's day. The Brooklyn Tweed look book.
- If only every bushland reserve or park had a tiny treehouse treasure like this one.
- A Sydney tea room from a more genteel time and the scone recipe that made it famous.
- Jodi's named some of my favourite home town destinations on her day trips blog post.
Now, off to crack the rust off my sewing scissors.