SPRING 2014 || AVERT YOUR EYES, I'VE SAID THE 'C' WORD

DON'T tell me how many days we've got until Christmas. Yes, THAT dirty 'C' word. Every year I promise I'll be bett...


DON'T tell me how many days we've got until Christmas. Yes, THAT dirty 'C' word. Every year I promise I'll be better organised to handcraft gifts that are well considered, ethical and adored by their recipients. Yet, every year I am hard pressed to write a few hastily gathered words on store-bought cards and buy gift vouchers for the nearest and dearest. Every, damn year.

The only tradition I have managed to stick to is the making of a tree decoration for each of my step children, and a pav for the Christmas table.

For the former I've managed to score a bunch of craft magazines, with Christmas projects to boot, and a stash of fabrics and buttons - all from a recent op shop haul.

The magazines were 50c each, the fabric a fiver, the buttons a gold coin or two and that lone punch glass was scored from the freebie table. That should help keep the Christmas budget in check.


Now, off to crack the rust off my sewing scissors.

You Might Also Like

2 comments