WINTER 2014 || IT'S TOO COLD TO MOVEAugust 03, 2014
IT’S cold, cold, cold this morning. I’m working up to donning running shorts and my joggers to go for a run. I know I’ll love it. I know ...
IT’S cold, cold, cold this morning. I’m working up to donning running shorts and my joggers to go for a run. I know I’ll love it. I know I’ll feel great after it, but my head resists changing out of warm socks and long pants on toe-numbingly cold days like this.
These are my dad’s socks, the ones I spent forever knitting and finished in June, for his birthday in May, and still haven’t sent. Gah! I am an organised, efficient person in all areas of my life except for personal correspondence, family phone calls and family birthdays. On all these matters I am woeful.
However, I'm claiming widely read, and soon-to-be a smug Sunday runner.
- I love the crazy characters that make special projects like The Printing Bike Project happen.
- Have you been eating your greens? Who knew that a cartoon character helped lift our intake?
- If they’re good enough for the school children of India, they’re good enough for me. I like the navy blue ones best.
- How many of these sexist scenarios can you tick off? Too many of them? Me too.
- Do you need to see the dying child to know it’s a bad thing? Where’s the dignity in that?
- Start a riot. Educate a girl. Same same really.
I'm off for that run (after one more cup of tea).