WHERE'S THIS MOUNTAIN OF WORK COME FROM?

I CAN’T find a rhythm. I can’t get on top of all that needs to be done and Christmas seems to be rushing toward me at an alarming pace. ...

katiecrackernuts.blogspot.com || Mount Everest

katiecrackernuts.blogspot.com || Nepal from the air
I CAN’T find a rhythm. I can’t get on top of all that needs to be done and Christmas seems to be rushing toward me at an alarming pace.

Every single task seems insurmountable.

There are new-year plans to put in place at work, but the immediate needs are also significant.

There’s a tight timetable of work to do at home. The brood have flown the nest and empty rooms have precipitated a decision to replace the floor coverings. Of course, that in turn has us scrambling to wash down walls and ceilings and throw a fresh lick of paint over worn paintwork before new floors go down.

However, the more I scrub at a decade’s worth of scuff marks and bumps in the walls, the more I see. A little plaster here. A cupboard door to be rehung. Cupboards worth of ‘stuff’ that needs to be bagged for the op shop.

I can’t get on top of my health. Nothing major; just nagging upsets and the kind of weight gain that comes from a long-haul commute and never, ever getting enough sleep.

The garden is a wreck. Thank goodness for a little rain to egg on the seeds I scattered weeks ago and prop up seedlings I shoved in to try and get a jump on summer crops.

I am barely keeping up with family and friends and, oh dear, Christmas. How will I rally in time?

You? How are you holding up?

unicef.org.au/typhoon || Philippines appeal

PS: Yes, I am fully aware of the privileged position from which I am grumbling.
PSS: Even more so when I've been privileged enough to see the majestic Mount Everest close up. I understand why people want to climb it and be near it.

You Might Also Like

1 comments