DEAR YOU, I'M SENDING THIS 'JUST BECAUSE'

AT the start of every year I refill my Filofax (I know, so very 1990s) and jot down friends’ birthdays, promising myself I will send card...

AT the start of every year I refill my Filofax (I know, so very 1990s) and jot down friends’ birthdays, promising myself I will send cards to each and every one of them.

Truth is, like everyone else, I rely on Facebook to alert me to my friends’ big events, including birthdays. Terrible isn’t it?

This year I have a solution. I’ve stocked up and will send cards for no reason at all – just because it’s nice to have a hand-penned letter arrive in the mail.

The first batch out will be thank you cards to the folk who made Christmas so lovely.

PS: The cards are designed by my colleague Mia. She has such a knack for making cards perfect for sending ‘just because’ and for a whole heap of other reasons – like Valentine's Day and a wedding (oh Lordy, that's a whole other story).

PSS: Mia designed the UNICEF Australia child right’s calendar for 2013. 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. What lovely cards - and a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to know I am not the only one who is scuttling around to remember dates and send cards. I LOVE your idea and think it would mean so much more to me to receive a card out of the blue (with actual handwriting in it!) I might have to steal your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have made the same goal this year! my grandma gave me 2 boxes full of card making materials around Christmas time that she didn't want to use anymore... I have already sent some snail mail my friends and families way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so lovely! And it's so much nicer to send something because you can, rather than because you should.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a nice idea.
    And those cards are lovely.

    I love getting cards...thank you for reminding me that I can actually send them too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh They are beautiful. Great idea. xx

    ReplyDelete