LONG WEEKENDS. WHO KNEW

EASY dinners with salad greens plucked straight from the garden. Getting ahead with the spring knitting.  Vintage books picke...

EASY dinners with salad greens plucked straight from the garden.

Getting ahead with the spring knitting. 

Vintage books picked up from the op shop and weekend market.

The most perfect old-school, industrial-strength denim jacket found at another op shop.

Mending while watching the box.

Late-starting runs (when I say late, I mean 7am).

It's a long weekend folks, the first I have had in nearly 10 years. No wonder people rave about them. 
#opshopscore: Cleckheaton Sugar'n'Cream cotton knitting yarn (can't recall price), Salvos
#opshopscore: Children's story books and Patrick White novel, $5 total, East Gosford Vinnies and Macs Markets
#opshopscore: Just Jeans denim jacket, $4, Kincumber Uniting Church Op Shop
#opshopscore: Green aran-knit, woollen jumper, $7, Green Point Salvos

Like me on Facebook // Follow me on Twitter

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. long weekends really are ace. i am so thrilled to see your salad green hitting the plate, i need to be a tiny bit more patient with my lettuces i think! nearly there. :)sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I have heaps of time on my hands at the moment, long weekends mean I can do more family things. Loving it still. Wish daylight saving happened this weekend though. What are you knitting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better get used to those long weekends cose there's more where they came from! that green jumper looks cute and your food delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice for you. It all looks great. (except the running... walking is more like it for me!) What a great-looking jacket. I cannot resist denim jackets. I have one that I embellished with embroidery. Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! Alls u need is a bedazzler for that jacket :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love long weekends and get to experience them every week since I have Fridays off work! yay!!! some great pics - Love the stack of vintage books and your beans sure look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Long weekends are THE BEST! I wish we had more of them ... though perhaps then I'd take them for granted.

    PS. It looks like the running is treating you well! :)

    ReplyDelete