OP SHOP THE WARDROBE FOR SPRING

WITH a turn of the season comes a rethink of the wardrobe. I've been pulling things out and mending things ready to wear for summer. ...

WITH a turn of the season comes a rethink of the wardrobe. I've been pulling things out and mending things ready to wear for summer. I've been airing and rearranging and sorting out what can stay and what's got to go.

It's one of the many joys of op shopping that nothing cost a fortune. It can, if it's just not quite right for you, be returned for someone else's pleasure without great expense. Another great joy is hunting down low-cost second-hand accessories. This season I've brought home strings and strings of beads and have loved pairing them together in new, often whacky, ways. I do love to go all out with the big bold accessories, so much so I think this year I'll treat myself to a pair of these. I know... they're not from an op shop. Are you shocked?

Tell me. What are you adding to your wardrobe this season?

#opshop score 1: Bead necklaces, $2 each, Smith Family Store, Bateau Bay
#opshop score 2: Long pure wool folk dress (bought for the fabric), $2, Smith Family Store, Bateau Bay
#opshop score 3: Worn in Levis, $25, Browseabout, Long Jetty

Like me on Facebook // Follow me on Twitter

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Love the Jelly shoes, also following along with you on Pinterest. I have been doing the wardrobe shuffle. Lucky op shoppers in my hood! I'm adding a new pair of J Brand Aien boyfriend jeans, waiting patiently for them to arrive from the states.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coincidentally I was doing a wardrobe clearout yesterday, I've been graduating towards baggy loose fitting clothes and frankly looking like crap the last year or two and I'm determined to get back on track, so I plan on adding some nice fitted skirts and jeans and pretty tops :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love jelly shoes! I love love love spring and summer simply for the fact that every day I can wear sandals and not covered shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weather is cooling here in Atlanta, finally! I was the recent lucky recipient of a cream yarn crochet poncho made by my grandmother circa 1975. It buttons up the front and has slits for my arms. I CANNOT wait to wear it and to think of her every time I do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's more find shopping for second hand accessories and cloths then actually wearing them.

    ReplyDelete