PULLED, PLANTED AND PULPED

WASN'T yesterday glorious? I donned the gardening gloves and cleared and pulled and weeded and planted and dug and clipped. I hurt ...

WASN'T yesterday glorious? I donned the gardening gloves and cleared and pulled and weeded and planted and dug and clipped. I hurt bad. 

The eggshells are being saved to plant out beetroot seed. They'll act as individual seedling cases. When I plant out each seedling I'll crush the shell a little before transferring the whole thing - seedling and shell - to the garden bed. I've never done it before. I'll let you know how it goes.

The apples are old and were baked up into an apple crumble by step-daughter No.3. If you're keen not to see food go to waste, Amanda has posted a bunch of ways to use leftovers. Read the Easy Peasy Organic post here.

The turmeric was this season's harvest. I planted three pieces last summer and this is what I pulled up. Six pieces went back in.

Anyone have a brilliant idea for what to do with all this fresh turmeric?

Like me on Facebook // Follow me on Twitter

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. That's an insane amount of tumeric to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Egg shells as little seed pots. Brilliant!!!

    We're giving that a go...

    rachel ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when I first discovered turmeric was a bulb. An old Chinese lady who sells homegrown, organic produce in the Fremantle Markets, who gets me to call her Aunty and always gives me a few strawberries instead of my change (she's fantastic), gave me some to try because I was so amazed by it!!

    Make up a big batch of chicken soup and go crazy with the turmeric. It's incredible and almost guaranteed to keep you healthy :D

    Thanks for the really lovely comments on my do what you love series as well! It's so fantastic to hear from people that I'm not being naive and idealistic with this idea, and even better to hear from people who love what they are doing!!

    Can't wait to read more about your love of journalism :)

    The Wildest of Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well hello there! It was so fantastic to visit this blog and especially to read this blog entry. In addition to that I would like to ask you a question that is extremely exciting for me. Have you ever done guest blogging?

    ReplyDelete