COULD YOU BE A VINTAGE SCOUT

DO you see things in op shops you just know someone else would love but you're not sure and so leave it behind? I do. All the tim...

DO you see things in op shops you just know someone else would love but you're not sure and so leave it behind? I do. All the time. I saw a lovely vintage woollen coat - very '60s mod - in great condition for $3 at the local RSPCA thrift shop. It was too big for me, and despite having a thing for coats, I reluctantly left it on the rack. 

But I so know one of you would have loved it. Honest, you would have. 

And yesterday, I saw all these Trixie Beldon books, and a Donna Harper, and a handful of other chick mysteries from the 1960s. I am tempted to go back and get the Donna Harper - the illustrations were a chuckle. But, again, I have a Famous Five thing and it's just got to stop somewhere.

But you, you might have loved Trixie and Donna. You would have, wouldn't you?

So, from now on, when I see things I think you'd like I am going to take a snap and post them to Twitter with the hashtag #opshopfound

And, if you're looking for that special something get the whole blogging community to look for you with the hashtag #opshopfind.

Maybe you're searching for that extra plate to make up the Hornsea dinner set you adore, or a '60s mod frock for a themed dinner do, or a copy of one of Margaret Fulton's cook books. We can all help.

What do you think, can it work? Found and find. That seemed pretty darn simple to me; a bit like a talent scout but for op-shop stock - a vintage scout, if you will.

Oh, and I'm katiecrackernut on Twitter. Twitter wouldn't allow me the last 's'.

Nabisco puppy dog tin: 50c, Fairhaven op shop
Italian Dinner Party and Greek Dinner Party cook books: 50c each, Fairhaven op shop
Staffordshire Kiln Craft mug: $1, RSPCA thrift shop
Kettle: $1, RSPCA thrift shop
Set of three Cub Scout handbooks: 20c each, Animal Welfare League thrift shop

You Might Also Like

6 comments