FILL IT WITH WHAT YOU LOVE: ELKHORN

MONIQUE, of Elkhorn, is, I am proud to say, from my hood. I admire Monique's clean, simple blog design and beautiful photos - along with...

MONIQUE, of Elkhorn, is, I am proud to say, from my hood. I admire Monique's clean, simple blog design and beautiful photos - along with her screenprinted textile homewares and acccessories. She's also, I've since found, a truly generous spirit. When I asked her to contribute to a series of posts about blog names and design Monique's answers were sitting in my inbox the next time I logged in.


Q... What's the inspiration behind your blog and business, name, Elkhorn?
A... Elkhorn was dreamed up a couple of years ago when a friend and I were brainstorming names for my new business venture. At the time I wanted a business name that could capture my two passions of horticulture and textiles. Elkhorn instantly felt like the right fit. I've always loved the ancient-looking plants and the way they adapt so easily to their environment.


Q... Who designed your blog header?
A... Oh, this is probably the one thing I haven't worked on too much. One day I will have a proper header focused more on our Elkhorn logo but for now I like to use images of either my favorite Elkhorn design at the time or a place that inspires me and reminds me of the current season.


Q... Do you have a design tip for new bloggers?
A... I know this is bit cliche but I would have to say my best tip is to try and keep it simple and consistent. The old K.I.S.S. method. I try and keep colours and fonts minimal to make it easy to read and distraction-free. Blogs can be a pretty personal place and it should represent you and the things you love then it will always look great.


Elkhorn blog
Elkhorn on Etsy
Elkhorn on Facebook
Source: All images from Elkhorn blog

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Yay for home grown talent, what a lovely interview & business, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate for this wonderful story about Elkhorn! It was very exciting to see it on your wonderful blog!
    Elkhorn will be at The Avoca Beachside Markets this Sunday if anyone would love to see our designs in person! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Elkhorn Resort, Spa & Conference Centre is the place to be this summer for a diverse range of activities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love elkhorn, how amazing is she.

    ReplyDelete