YOU'RE SPECIAL. NO, YOU'RE SPECIAL. NO... YOU ARE...

I FOUND these green glass and marcasite earrings at an oppy yonks ago. They’ve been sitting on my dresser waiting for a special occasion ...

Green glass and marcasite clip-on earrings
I FOUND these green glass and marcasite earrings at an oppy yonks ago. They’ve been sitting on my dresser waiting for a special occasion and, like so many of my op-shop finds, have sat waiting for me to come a-calling. Special occasions are far and few in my household – well, super special, if you know what I mean. There’s no Academy Awards kinda special. Maybe you have that all the time. We’re, you know, more pizza and a vino-special.

Anyhoot, I digress. I’ve taken to dragging out the special pieces for ordinary occasions. So, if you see me rocking green glass and marcasite, don’t worry that you’re in your daggies, come along and join me for a pizza topping of your choice.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I love your earrings. You should wear them! I used to believe in waiting to wear something or use something for a special occasion until I discovered that for me, everyday can be special, depending on my attitude towards it. That is why I wear my vintage rhinestone tiara whilst doing the dishes. It just makes the task that little bit more glamorous.... He he!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcasite has always intrigued me. It has a quaint, granny sort of beauty but always scared me because if the number of stones that can be missing. In fact I don't even do diamonds, for the same reason. I saw your prize loot and it is beautiful. Happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find! Such a lovely colour. I agree with Alisa - you should wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they're gorgeous, wear them lots, don't save them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree - way too beautiful to save for special occasions (which, unfortunately, rarely come!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah, I like to dress big sometimes -if you have something beautiful you might as well turn it out and mix it up a little. Mmm pizza and vino would suit me well tonight. That book sounds sweet - have you seen Blyton's "let's Garden" - very sweet. Take care and have a good Miss Katiecrackernuts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I reckon those earrings would do fabulous things with tracky daks (and pizza stains)...

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous earrings! and yay for wearing special pieces for ordinary occasions, these beauties need to be seen : )

    ReplyDelete