Digging in my garden Feeding the hungry horde On my bookshelf Op shop gold
MIXED... BAG... UP... NUTS... YOU DECIDEApril 10, 2011
THIS weekend I've managed to visit a friend in hospital; plant broad beans seeds, a blueberry bush, leek seedlings, cumin, rosemary and...
THIS weekend I've managed to visit a friend in hospital; plant broad beans seeds, a blueberry bush, leek seedlings, cumin, rosemary and a bunch of other herbs; and, cook real food - not the harried muck I've been dishing up. There was a Thai chicken broth last night and today I've got a parsnip and chilli curry in the slow cooker, baked a chicken and chickpea dish to serve up with mashed potato and greens tomorrow night and put on a pot of spiced pumpkin and lentil soup.
It's a return to normality and a little slowing of pace. It's autumn. The evenings are cooler, mornings darker and Daylight Saving time has, thankfully, for me, ended.
The light is mellow, my mind turns to what I have stacked on my bookshelf for indulgent winter weekend reading. I've aired the winter wardrobe and taken a few things to the dry cleaner so they're ready to wear when the days turn cold. My scarves and brooches have been looked over with a critical eye. Which ones can be paired and what will they be draped over? My new kingfisher brooch, made and sent to me by the talented Kate Slater seems a good fit for a vintage Desert Designs silk scarf I picked up at the op shop for $1 a few weeks back.
I'm even thinking about the blog again. It's been drifting along on its own merry way but I feel like I'm ready to pull this poor old thing back into shape, starting now with a shout out to Tracey Sargent, of Quiet Paws, who bestowed upon me a versatile blogger's award. If that's a nice way to say my blog's all over the shop, I'll take it on the chin.
I tag Etcetera, FanGirlish, Pepper Stitches and Maxabella Loves to tell you seven random facts about themselves after, of course, I've shared mine.
1. I have a birth mark on my left hand and use it to tell left from right.
2. I hired a car for the first time while in Hobart. Too true. 37 and never hired a car before.
3. I used a GPS thing-a-me-jig for the first time while driving above said hire car. I got cranky with it.
4. I commute four hours a day to work and back. Yup, count 'em. Four hours.
5. I have never seen a full episode of Glee. Tell me, am I missing something here?
6. Kelly Doust's book, Life in Frocks, was the last book I read.
7. I only learned to swim at age 17. Properly swim, that is. I could float just fine.