LEND ME A PATTERN TIP, I'VE LOST THE SPOT

YESTERDAY I was over here and today I am over here . I get around a bit - in a nice kinda way. While I am here, I need some advice. I wa...


YESTERDAY I was over here and today I am over here. I get around a bit - in a nice kinda way.

While I am here, I need some advice. I want to know where to buy paper patterns online. The chain stores have let me down and last weekend I was two paces short of marching behind the counter and teaching the poorly-paid junior staff how to use a cataloguing system.

So hit me. Where do you buy your patterns online, or at all?
Find me on Facebook / Find me on Twitter

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Getting around 'in a nice way' is a very good thing to do I think.

    As for patterns, well I'm probably not much help there. Those that I have bought have been vintage patterns from ebay and etsy ... so probably not quite what you're after. I hope you find a decent stockist - in store customer service can be absolutely appalling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends what I want. I use folkwear.com if I'm looking for something a bit different, and I've bought a few patterns from Hot Patterns but they always recommend making a muslin first & then I lose interest. Amazon, maybe? Etsy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya,

    I go to http://www.sewingpatterns.com/ for the major patterns (Simplicity, Kwik Sew, etc) and I troll http://www.youcanmakethis.com/index.htm? for boutique-y ones. Both have instant gratification - you get something sent to you via e-mail or you can print directly from your printer at home. Cons: Uses a LOT of paper! *Previous comment deleted to add this:* The SewingPatterns website also sells the traditional paper pattern which they will ship to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure did get around in a nice way - went to both sites and had a good gander! Love your drawing and your interview about girl guides!

    ReplyDelete