FEEDING THE HAND THAT BITES THEM

I HAVE mutant bush rats in my roof. They're eating everything. They've even eaten an eggplant seedling I bought at Saturday's l...


I HAVE mutant bush rats in my roof. They're eating everything. They've even eaten an eggplant seedling I bought at Saturday's local church car boot sale down to a stump. I had four pumpkins on and because they've moved through one at a rapid rate, leaving just a shell, I picked the other three and have moved them inside to dry and ripen off. The vine was almost done. Almost.

The only thing the bloody rats haven't touched is the chillies. Damn them. 

PS: The tray to the right was brought home from the car boot sale. I bought two. I've been snapping away and illustrating recent op shop finds and promise - no, truly, I promise - to blog about them soon.
Find me on Facebook / Find me on Twitter

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Friends tell me they're at war with their local possums. We've escaped so far, luckily. We've got lots of lettuce, chives, every herb under the sun, and tomatoes going crazy. But no chillies this year. We had a bumper crop last year I couldn't go there again so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I have a mystery thief eating away at my cherry tomatoes - NOT happy. They were growing so well :( Good luck in your vegetable war!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn those rodents!!! I kid myself that the thing eating my flowers and herbs is a possum. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh get pest control in there ASAP girl!!

    F. (opinionslave.blogspot.com) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nooooo! Not fair! Perhaps leave out some chillied pumpkin slices for your rodent 'friend'??

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Dexter Cows we had when we lived on acreage would brave the electric fence & stick their heads through the wire to get to the pumpkins ... loved them! Jap pumpkins make good pumpkin scones too ... Flo's recipe of course :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a shame!

    I've been known to wage war against 'wild' rats eating everything in the garden ... I still haven't recovered from them eating all of my flower seedlings ... and my carrot plants ... horrible little so-and-so's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have them too! But I live in the inner suburbs of Ballarat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the same problem now, any advices? You resolved your problem?

    ReplyDelete