THANKS FOR YOUR STAMP OF APPROVAL

I KEEP meaning to thank you all for the sweet, supportive comments about the Penny Black Project exhibition opening this weekend. I am one...


I KEEP meaning to thank you all for the sweet, supportive comments about the Penny Black Project exhibition opening this weekend. I am one of a bunch of super artists and I feel somewhat humbled to be hangin' with them, literally.

I struggle with the artist tag. I could happily say I am a writer. I get paid for writing. But art... nahhhh, get away wif ya.

Anyhoot, I am the featured artist over on the Myrtle St Studio blog today. You can have a sneek peak at the first piece I did for the project. Super simple, hey? Art, I don't know. I can go with "doodle". I wanted to work small - the image posted by Myrtle St Studio is about twice the size of the original - and to a theme I thought would translate as a singular graphic element but also look good grouped with the five pieces I did for the collection. I look back now and feel like I achieved that.

It's got me all fired up to try new things and I have a tangram project on the go that I hope to finish this weekend. It's very much inspired by Dudley Redhead's hand carved stamps and a how-to I saw on Creature Comforts blog recently.

You Might Also Like

5 comments