BOLLE HIDES 80s BALLS UP - IT'S A THEORY

I HAVE added to a growing collection of sunglasses and spectacles with this Bolle-branded pair that comes complete with belt-clip cas...




I HAVE added to a growing collection of sunglasses and spectacles with this Bolle-branded pair that comes complete with belt-clip case. I bought the sunglasses, in their case, for $4 from a Salvos store. The sunnies would match the turnouts HomeMade magazine’s male models are wearing in the 1984-85 editions I photographed them against. Now, I don’t think even back then that I’d have been able to convince the lad, 16, that a cotton knit was just the thing for the coming summer. Did men really wear this stuff?

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. They look like the kind of sunglasses to wear during water sports (if you'll pardon the expression). Are there surfers or water skiers in your family?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You find such great stuff. I would wear those glasses to death, so bad they are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do remember guys wearing that sort of gear. (But only the very cool, hip guys.)It's the beret that's got me worried. What bloke ever wore a beret?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does that mean you have almost got a pair of sunglasses for everyday of the year now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only if you were a member of Human League or Duran Duran did you were such clothes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. katie, you are the queen of the salvos!!

    ReplyDelete