PACKED TO THE RAFTERS AND THEN SOME

THIS week went pear-shaped. I’m holding on but am the first to admit it’s not been a good-un. I could go on. No, really, I could, but I’l...


THIS week went pear-shaped. I’m holding on but am the first to admit it’s not been a good-un. I could go on. No, really, I could, but I’ll spare you. Suffice to say we thought we were close to being empty-nesters but the 21-year-old is still in her pyjamas and still on the couch – and thanks, no, she’s not ill. In addition, the 19-year-old has moved back in. I guess it’s her lot to learn lessons of love and life the hard way. It is hard to watch her carry that broken little heart and that crumpled soul though. The 16-year-old seems pretty stable but I am still waiting for that curve ball. Me mitts are on.

So, though I’ve never watched an episode of Packed to the Rafters, I am told our family’s ups and downs make for a better yarn than the show.

The pic? I thought I’d take a snapshot of something in our house that has a sense of order. You know. Something I can come to and know everything’s where I left it. And … that chick in pink gives me no lip, bless her.

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. It sounds heavy dude. Like totes heavy. You need some time to go op shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh yeah, agree with Lexi, need some op shoppin in there.
    wishing things ge back into some sort of order for you.
    it's friday, enjoy the weekend, tomorrow is a new day (i think that's what they say)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Packed to the Rafters and yes your life does have similarities by the sounds of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I starting to get the impression that my dream of being child free in a few more years is not looking to good. Good luck. I have heard that times like these require a nice bottle of something fermented and locking oneself in the bathroom. Maybe you can bring in your pink lady to keep you company she sound like my kinda gal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can so relate to your week Katie. We are at a similar stage in our lives. We just get used to things being quieter and a new routine....It does take some getting used to. Then suddenly it's like a big avalanche has hit us....a lovely, fun one....full of emotions and angst and seemingly unsurmountable problems! When that's melted it's really hard to get used to the quiet again.....Thank goodness for the little pink lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Katie, sounds heart-rending. I'm really not looking forward to the teenage/ young adult years but I guess that's when kids really need their parents to step up isn't it? It makes drying tears after siblings fights and broken toys look like a piece of cake. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn lady! You make Packed to the Rafters sound like compulsive viewing. Isn't it on even as I type? Stay tight with that chick in pink. Even without a head you can tell she knows stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can relate to the nearly empty nest as the only one at home for the last three and a half years was the now 16 year old. Now though, they are all back. I guess it is good that your daughter has come home to you instead of nursing her broken heart through aloneness. You can be there for those times when she will let you in and always there as a solid rock who loves her. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes!!! It sounds a bit harcore. I can't really relate just now - but give it time I have two girls. I agree with the shopping and maybe some hearty food and a nice glass or red.

    ReplyDelete